Arizona Tax Credits
Tax Credit Scholarships
Desert Christian is a private school. We do not receive funding from the state. We do our very best to keep the cost of tuition down. All of our expenses are paid by tuition and fundraising.
Since 1997 we in the State of Arizona have been blessed with the Tuition Tax Credit Program. In 2015 Arizona's Tax Credit Law was ranked Number One in the Nation by the Center for Education Reform! Tax Credits give Christian parents true "school choice", making Christian education affordable!
Historically 75% of our students received some form of tax credit scholarship funding. 30% of those students were fully funded by tax credit scholarships! Are you taking advantage of this program? Are you redirecting your state taxes to this program?
Here are a few links to our two most used School Tuition Organizations, to the Department of Revenue's entire list of STO's, and to information about the Empowerment Scholarship Account Program.
Four (4) Types of Tax Credit Scholarships
- Original Individual - Financial Need Based or Recommended
- Plus/Switcher/Overflow Scholarships - Financial Need Based or Recommended
- Low-Income Corporate Scholarships
- Displaced/Disabled Scholarships
Desert Christian School will be hosting Tax Credit Workshops once a month. These workshops will explain how to apply for, how to give, and how to raise funds using the Tax Credits. This is available for you or someone you know who is interested in this program or would like more information.
The following dates have been scheduled for the 2019-2020 school year. This year Desert will host evening and morning workshop. Please see the lists below for dates and locations. Feel free to bring family and friends. Everyone can benefit from this information.
Tax Credit Workshops
Location: Desert Christian High School: 7525 E. Speedway Blvd. Tucson, AZ 85710
- Tuesday, September 3rd, 7:00 - 8:00 pm
- Tuesday, November 12th, 7:00 - 8:00 pm
- Tuesday, December 3rd, 7:00 - 8:00 pm
- Thursday, February 13th, 5:30 - 6:30 pm
>> This workshop (2/13) will be held on our Wrightstown Campus | 9415 E. Wrightstown
- Tuesday, March 3rd, 7:00 - 8:00 pm
- Tuesday, March 31st, 7:00 - 8:00 pm
- Tuesday, May 12th, 7:00 - 8:00 pm
- Tuesday, June 2nd, 6:00 - 7:00 pm
Tax Credit Coffees
Location: Desert Christian Wrightstown Campus: 9415 E. Wrightstown Rd. Tucson, AZ 85715
- Thursday, October 10th, 7:30 - 9:00 am
- Thursday, April 2nd, 7:30 - 9:00 am
PLEASE NOTE: The Institute for Better Education (IBE) will be present at every workshop, along with Desert Christian School employees to answer questions.