Desert Christian High School (DCHS) offers a unique opportunity for students interested in specific DCHS academic courses. This program also offers co/extracurricular opportunities (e.g. athletics, musical theatre, etc.).
(1) Exploratory applicants must complete the admissions requirements of DCHS. Students admitted into the DCHS Exploratory Program are permitted to enroll in up to 3 courses per semester; earning an accredited and transferable grade for each course upon successful completion. Parents whose students are admitted to the DCHS Exploratory program are required to pay a tuition rate of $1,00.00 per course, per semester. Course enrollment is determined by class capacity. Students seeking a DCHS diploma will receive priority placement.
- Exploratory students have up to two full academic weeks to determine if they will request a course change.
- All exploratory students are required to meet the same prerequisite/enrollment requirements as full-time students, regarding DCHS coursework.
- All exploratory students have access to course materials and resources.
- All exploratory students receive an official grade, documented by an official transcript for each course that they are enrolled in and successfully complete.
- All exploratory students are required to participate in academic field trips. (The annual High School Retreat is encouraged, but optional)
- Exploratory students are not eligible to enroll in DCS Leadership programs. (i.e., National Honor Society, Student Council, Senior Attitude and Leadership Training)
(2) Students admitted into the DCHS Exploratory Program are allowed to participate at the junior and/or varsity-level in athletics, as well as in other DCHS co/extracurricular opportunities, as space permits.
- Co/extracurricular participation fees for enrolled part-time students (1 or more classes) is $200.00 per extracurricular program.
- Co/extracurricular participation fees for home school students (not enrolled in courses at DCHS) is $500.00 per co/extracurricular program.
- All exploratory students are required to meet the same academic eligibility requirements as full-time for participation.
All Tuition Payments and co/extracurricular fees are non-refundable. Full payment is required before the beginning of the academic year and/or before a student can participate in the approved opportunity:
- Exploratory students are not eligible for the DCS Tuition Assistance Program.
- The Exploratory program is designed as an extension of our Admissions office in order to provide new students the opportunity to explore DCHS. Currently enrolled DCHS students are not eligible for the Exploratory Program.
Meet our High School Principal
Thank you for your interest in Desert Christian High School. At DCHS our mission is to disciple young people in the knowledge of God, and to prepare them in all areas of life to impact their world for Jesus Christ. We desire to challenge our students academically; encourage them to deepen their relationship spiritually; to broaden their horizons socially; and to use their God-given talents to bless others locally and globally. We realize that God has ordained parents to be the primary educators of their children; as such our aim is to come alongside the family and assist them in this process.
I encourage you to come visit our campus for an informational tour to see what God is doing at DCHS. If you have enrollment questions, please contact our Admissions Office at (520) 298-5817 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to meeting you.
Jon Self | High School Principal
Desert Christian Schools admits students of any race, color, national, or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally made available to students at the school. Desert Christian Schools strives to provide a solid spiritual and educational foundation to all children from preschool through 12th grade.
Church attendance and reference forms are required of all applicants. One parent/guardian must be a practicing believer in the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ.
- One parent/guardian must be a practicing believer in the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ.
- Active Church attendance/participation is expected of all admissible students and their families.
The DCS Admissions Process is designed to determine if an academic, social, and spiritual partnership (covenant) can be created and maintained with every applicant and their family. Applicants and their families are required to review the DCS Articles of Faith before applying as a way to confirm the covenantal expectations that will be upheld and biblical teaching that will take place on campus.
STEP 1. In partnership with Christian families, DCS is committed to providing an educational experience, centered on the foundation of a Biblical Christian Worldview. At DCS, it is our mission to:
- Pursue excellence in Christian education
- Foster Christ-Centered relationships
- Endeavor to meet the unique learning needs of every student
Students are considered for admission to Desert Christian Schools once they have completed the entire DCS Admissions process. Prospective students must complete:
(1) Online Application - Click Here
(2) Admissions Interview
Prior to an admissions decision being made by the Admissions Committee.
Please Note: A formal academic assessment may be requested as part of the admissions process. School Administration may also request an additional conversation at any point during the admissions process.
STEP 2. Applicants who are admissible will be mailed an acceptance letter regarding admissions to DCS once all admissions requirements are complete and the DCS Admissions Committee has met and determined an admissions decision.
Applicants who are admissable will be required to return the DCS tuition contract and 1/2 of first month's tuition (which is non-refundable) to complete the enrollment process. Applicants who are accepted after the second week in July, or anytime throughout the academic year, will be required to return the DCS tuition contract and a full month's tuition (which is non-refundable).