Desert Christian High School
Desert Christian High School (DCHS) offers a unique opportunity for students interested in specific DCHS academic courses. This program also offers co/extracurricular opportunities (e.g. athletics, musical theatre, etc.).
(1) Exploratory applicants must complete the admissions requirements of DCHS. Students admitted into the DCHS Exploratory Program are permitted to enroll in up to 3 courses per semester; earning an accredited and transferable grade for each course upon successful completion. Parents whose students are admitted to the DCHS Exploratory program are required to pay a tuition rate of $833.00 per course, per semester. Course enrollment is determined by class capacity. Students seeking a DCHS diploma will receive priority placement.
- Exploratory students have up to two full academic weeks to determine if they will request a course change.
- All exploratory students are required to meet the same prerequisite/enrollment requirements as full-time students, regarding DCHS coursework.
- All exploratory students have access to course materials and resources.
- All exploratory students receive an official grade, documented by an official transcript for each course that they are enrolled in and successfully complete.
- All exploratory students are required to participate in academic field trips. (The annual High School Retreat is encouraged, but optional)
- Exploratory students are not eligible to enroll in DCS Leadership programs. (i.e., National Honor Society, Student Council, Senior Attitude and Leadership Training)
(2) Students admitted into the DCHS Exploratory Program are allowed to participate at the junior and/or varsity-level in athletics, as well as in other DCHS co/extracurricular opportunities, as space permits.
- Co/extracurricular participation fees for enrolled part-time students (1 or more classes) is $180.00 per extracurricular program.
- Co/extracurricular participation fees for home school students (not enrolled in courses at DCHS) is $500.00 per co/extracurricular program.
- All exploratory students are required to meet the same academic eligibility requirements as full-time for participation.
All Tuition Payments and co/extracurricular fees are non-refundable. Full payment is required before the beginning of the academic year and/or before a student can participate in the approved opportunity:
- Exploratory students are not eligible for the DCS Tuition Assistance Program.
- The Exploratory program is designed as an extension of our Admissions office in order to provide new students the opportunity to explore DCHS. Currently enrolled DCHS students are not eligible for the Exploratory Program.
Desert Christian Schools admits students of any race, color, national, or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally made available to students at the school. Desert Christian Schools strives to provide a solid spiritual and educational foundation to all children from preschool through 12th grade.
Church attendance and reference forms are required of all applicants. One parent/guardian must be a practicing believer in the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ.
Please review the DCS Articles of Faith before beginning our Admissions Process
STEP 1. In partnership with Christian families, DCS is committed to providing an educational experience, centered on the foundation of a Biblical Christian Worldview. At DCS, it is our mission to:
- Pursue excellence in Christian education
- Foster Christ-Centered relationships
- Endeavor to meet the unique learning needs of every student
Students are considered for admission to Desert Christian Schools once they have completed the entire DCS Admissions process. Prospective students must complete:
(1) Online Application - Click Here
(2) Admissions Interview
Prior to an admissions decision being made by the Admissions Committee.
STEP 2. Applicants who are admissible will be mailed an acceptance letter regarding admissions to DCS once all admissions requirements are complete and the DCS Admissions Committee has met and determined an admissions decision.
Applicants who are admissable will be required to return the DCS tuition contract and 1/2 of first month's tuition (which is non-refundable) to complete the enrollment process. Applicants who are accepted after the second week in July, or anytime throughout the academic year, will be required to return the DCS tuition contract and a full month's tuition (which is non-refundable).