Desert Christian School provides a Christ-centered education that strives for academic excellence within a supportive Christian environment in order to ensure the success of each student. DCS offers a rigorous traditional liberal arts curriculum, which emphasizes the Lordship of Christ in the totality of life. Students are taught skills for thinking, communicating, and relating to the world.
As our Purpose Statement declares, Desert Christian students will:
- Think critically, logically and creatively.
- Read with comprehension, discernment and enjoyment.
- Write with clarity, precision, style and power.
- Listen with understanding and sensitivity.
- Speak articulately and correctly.
- Understand and apply the mathematical and scientific concepts that underlie God’s creation.
- Respond, appreciate and evaluate a wide range of cultural expressions through the study of history, literature and the arts.
- Turn learning into loving service.
At Desert Christian Preschool, we provide an inquiry-driven, play-based, child-focused, Christ-centered program. Our primary focus is for your child to know, love, and follow Jesus Christ, all while developing a lifetime love for learning. We provide an exploratory, investigative, sensory-rich learning environment essential in nurturing your child’s desire to learn.
Kindergarten - 8th Grade
The K8 grade school academic program encourages high achievement within a challenging, disciplined, and caring environment. The program places emphasis on mastery and application of basic learning skills. Each subject is taught from a Christian perspective with special times set aside for Bible instruction and Chapel. K8 offers many additional activities to educate the whole child such as music, art, physical education, computer, and library skills.
Desert Christian High School is committed to providing a rigorous liberal arts education taught from a biblical world view. As a Christ-centered school, Desert Christian is distinguished by its caring community which promotes excellence in fine arts, community service, varsity athletics, student ministries, co-curricular opportunities, and academics.