“Dear Dr. Travis, I attended the “Understanding the Parables of Jesus” seminar, and much to my surprise, the topic was not as easy to grasp as it superficially appears. I appreciate the skills used in guiding participants into a place that required grappling with our misconceptions. We had to focus and stay with the basics, which funneled us toward the desired outcome. We need this teaching in our community, be it teachers, parents, and/or students, as much as possible! Thank you for the opportunity!”
- Connie Luebke, DCS Parent & Board Member
OTHER RECENT COMMENTS:
“Learning curve through the roof!”
“I always wanted to learn more - and now have new tools to do so!”
“Really opened my eyes!”
“Appreciated the large amount of contextual information to help better listen to God speak through His Word.”
About Vista Seminars
The VISTA Seminars serve as certified professional development opportunities for Christian educators, pastors, parents and leaders.
The VISTA Seminars meet the standards of the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) as official Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and may be applied as credit toward ACSI certification.
The VISTA Seminars were co-founded in 2010 by Graham Bulmer, M.Div. (currently serving as the Lead Pastor of Q50 Community Church in Winona, Ontario, Canada), and our own DCS Headmaster, Toby A. Travis, Ed.D.. Together, they authored most of the VISTA Seminar curriculum.
CORE VALUES & BELIEFS OF VISTA SEMINARS:
- All truth is God’s truth (resulting in a holistic, monotheistic, Christian worldview)
- Quality Deliverables & Instructional Best-Practices (resulting in a positive perception of Christian thinking)
- Open Analysis & Dialogue (resulting in a broad perspective, critical in nature, and established in the essentials of Divine Revelation)
- Missional (resulting in cultural sensitivity and - thus “needs” sensitive)
Personal Bible, Teacher ACSI Practitioner ID #
2018 - 2019 Seminars
Course Name: Wisdom and Folly: How to Recognize Folly and Grow in Wisdom
Dates: Saturday, March 2, 2019
Hours: 8:00am – 2:00pm (providing 6 hours of instruction)
Bible CEU’s Offered: 1
Instructor: John O’Hair
Course Description: Wisdom is a major topic in the Bible. There are numerous calls to gain wisdom or grow in wisdom, throughout the Old and New Testaments. We will be exploring the meaning and application of wisdom in our modern lives. We will develop a Biblical definition of wisdom and folly, look at the development of a fool, how to recognize folly in our own lives, and how to grow in wisdom and spiritual maturity.
- Develop a biblical definition for wisdom and folly.
- See the biblical connection between folly to our sin and wisdom to righteousness.
- Chart the growth and development of folly in a person’s life.
- Be able to explain how one’s goals and desires point to folly or wisdom.
- Explain the connection between wisdom and maturity.