At Desert Christian High School, our athletics program has been developed to encourage students to grow not only in physical strength, coordination and endurance, but we also hold them to high academic standards and encourage continual spiritual growth. Sports is a tool we use to help mold our students into the confident, encouraging, models of good sportsmanship who reveal Christ to those around them.
DCHS is a member of the Arizona Interscholastic Association, participating in: soccer, volleyball, swimming, basketball, golf, track, baseball, softball and tennis. Achievements include:
- Only Arizona High School to have twice won the AIA Directors Cup (formerly The Blue Cup) for outstanding athletic program (2013 and 2007). This award is given to the top "Pursuing Victory with Honor" high school in Arizona
- Twice named Boyd Baker Trophy recipient for outstanding sportsmanship in all 1A-5A Southern Arizona Schools
- Received AIA Tony Komadina Award for outstanding girls’ athletic programs
- Winner of numerous State and Regional titles
- National recognition for Athletic Director
- Many of our coaches have received Coach of the Year recognition